Tuesday, November 9, 2010

In Memory of my Secret Grandpa

Back when I was in young women, we did a fun activity where we had a "secret Grandpa." Through out the holiday season each of us had a name that we drew out of a hat, and every week we secretly delivered a little something toour grandpa. One year I had the opportunity do deliver to Ron Centoni. In delivering some of the gifts I would park my car down the road and walk up to his house in hopes he wouldn't see me. His house is surrounded by trees, making it dark and spooky and he had a dog with a mean sounding bark. I was sure that dog was going give me away or was going to get me one night. At the end of the activity all of the young women and there Secret Grandpas got together and had dinner, and we revealed ourselves to them. and I found out that Ron didn't ever see me. And even though we never talked through this activity, it made us closer friends and neighbors.
Ron passed away, November 4th 2010. Ron was such a great man! I loved running into him at the store and seeing him at ward parties. He was always so cheerful and had a smile that could always brighten your day! He will definitely be missed.

1 comment: